Our Fleet of Cars:
About Trenton Mercer Airport (TTN)
Trenton–Mercer Airport is a county-owned, joint civil–military, public airport
located four miles northwest of Trenton in the West Trenton section of Ewing
Township, Mercer County, New Jersey, As of the 2010 United States Census, the township's population was 27,935, reflecting an increase of 245 (+0,9%) from the 27,690 counted in the 2000 Census.
The first airplane landed at what is now Trenton–Mercer Airport in 1907, in what
was then Alfred Reeder's farm field, just off of Bear Tavern Road in Ewing. Twenty-two years later in 1929 Skillman Airport opened to the public.
During World War II the nearby General Motors Inland Fisher Guide Plant ceased producing civilian vehicles and began making Grumman TBF Avenger carrier based torpedo bombers for the United States Navy. Skillman Airport expanded to accommodate test flights of this aircraft, and after the airport returned to county control following the end of the war it was renamed Mercer County Airport.
After the war, the navy reestablished a presence with the construction of Naval Air Warfare Center Trenton adjacent to the airport, which remained open until 1997.